This Stacker slideshow showcases some of the most prominent African American writers in history who’ve had impacts that reached far beyond the page. Some of the esteemed authors include James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston, Toni Morrison, Frederick Douglass, Maya Angelou, and others.
50 Black writers whose impact went beyond the page
Anna J. Cooper
Toni Cade Bambara
James Weldon Johnson
Ida B. Wells
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Mary Church Terrell
Frank Marshall Davis
William Wells Brown
Booker T. Washington
Zora Neale Hurston
Martin Luther King Jr.
Jessie Redmon Fauset
- States rapidly expanding vaccine access as supplies surge
- Manchester VA center offers vaccine to veterans of any age
- Inmates refuse inoculations; new vaccine arrives in state
- Biden stands by May timeline for vaccines for all US adults
- Massachusetts to allows teachers to signup for vaccinations
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May
- As virus-era attacks on Asians rise, past victims look back
- Abortion concerns prompt archdiocese warning on vaccine
- Speedway vaccination site to open, new businesses seek help
- Providence expands vaccine eligibility in hard-hit sections
- Sun, sand, shots: Caribbean seeks vaccines to revive economy
- Floral hearts comfort grieving families of pandemic dead
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.