BRIGHTON BEE RESULTS -- Brighton Elementary School held its seventh annual spelling bee on Feb. 18. Students in the first- through eighth-grade classrooms participated in the event. Eighth-grader Cooper Densmore became the school champ with the winning word, "knead." He will represent Brighton at the Vermont State Spelling Bee on March 19. Runner up is sixth-grader Adam Sykes. Fifth-grader Treytin Eibert came in third. Shown above is a "spellfie" that Cooper took after the bee. The image shows top spellers in front of bee officials.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Sheriff, report: Naked Florida man stole, crashed police car
- Asia Today: Sri Lanka minister who drank potion is positive
- Chiefs' Mathieu making most of opportunity in Kansas City
- Character concerns go beyond PEDs in this Hall of Fame vote
- 10 largest US jackpots
- Lottery: 1 winning ticket for $1 billion Mega Millions jackpot sold in Michigan
- Radulov, Pavelski 2 goals as Stars beat Preds 7-0 in opener
- Diplomats contact Canadian held for over 2 years in China
- Aaron lauded for grace amid racism during home run pursuit
- Denmark suspends Dubai flights amid doubts over virus tests
- Language barriers, wariness make vaccinating immigrants hard