HEALTHY WALK AT LUNCHTIME -- Students and staff at Burke Town School recently participated in the National Walk at Lunch Day. During recess, everyone logged in a mile before or after lunch. Some students were eager and ran to get extra laps. This is part of a health initiative nation-wide with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Above, Cathy Wilkins walks with her second-grade students; below, Tracie Surridge is literally walking with a lunch with her third-grade students.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- University president to recommend tuition, room-board freeze
- Drought may slow growth for red oak, white pine trees
- Police released body cam video from after moped crash
- Rhode Islands reports 800 new virus cases over 3 days
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- Man charged in burning of ballot drop box in Boston
- Positive Test Closes Derby Elementary Monday
- $12.3M in NH to help protect families from lead-based paint
- Study: Lobster population healthy off Maine, poor in south
- Tom Cotton is campaigning hard, just not for reelection
- Police: Man shot in Pawtucket car wash parking lot dies
- Maine virus count tops 50 on consecutive days after lull