Peacham Congregational Church held a Blessing of Farmers and Animals on Oct. 6 during the regular worship service. Parishioners, accompanied by their pets, attended the service and the blessing was given individually at the end of the service. A variety of animals ranging from guinea pigs to a black Labrador Retriever and many dogs of different breeds and sizes were in attendance. The theme of the day was St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of ecologists — a title honoring his boundless love for animals and nature. Rev. Sonia Dunbar also went to the neighboring farm and blessed “the farm,” that included cows, pigs and a cat.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Suspect in fatal shooting at Hartford club arraigned
- Fat-tire biker founded dead in Maine state park
- Water main break cancels classes at 5 schools
- Upper Valley author tells a fuller story in new book
- 3 members of Massachusetts family killed in Florida crash
- Biotech CEO gets 7 years in prison for defrauding investors
- State trooper says in lawsuit reassignment was retaliation
- Public hearing Wednesday on retention of six judges
- Gwendolyn Ruth Wilder - Obituary
- Brigham Harold Clark - Obituary
- Lucky Fisherman Wins Ice Shack
- NEK YPN Announce February Events, New Membership Levels