Forty-eight museums and galleries in Vermont are responding to the demands of the moment.
Led by the Vermont Curators Group – a network of museums, galleries, and cultural centers specializing in art, history, and science – 2020 Vision: Reflecting on a World-Changing Year explores the events that have impacted everyone in 2020, with a passport program to encourage exploration. Spanning the state from top to bottom, 48 members of the Vermont Curators Group will mount exhibitions both in-person and online during 2020 and beyond, to create a statewide cultural conversation exploring subjects related to the pandemic, the racial justice movement in America, the current political landscape, and digital experiences of all kinds.
The exhibition calendar at Vermont Curators Group.com is updated frequently and includes an indication as to whether a listing is for an in-person or digital activity.
2020 Vision Passport Program
To incentivize engagement during this challenging time for Vermont’s culture sector, visitors are encouraged to experience what each location has to offer and submit passport entries via tagged posts on social media for a chance to win prizes. Prizes include original artwork, unique experiences, membership in the North American Reciprocal Museum Association, and more. A full list of prizes can be found at VermontCuratorsGroup.com.
To submit entries:
1. Visit a 2020 Vision participating location in person, or take part in an online project;
2. Take a photo documenting your experience and post it to Facebook or Instagram;
3. Tag @VermontCuratorsGroup as well as the participating location on your post;
4. Notify via DM or email@example.com to ensure your entry has been received;
5. Repeat. Each entry, up to 48,will count towards prize drawings. The more you explore, the greater your chances of winning;
6. Win! In July 2021, prize drawings will take place and winners will be contacted.