Katelyn Purrington, of Colebrook, N.H., was given the Yarosewick Family Education Award at Keene State College's Spring Honors Convocation on May 9. This award was created by Mary-Lou S. Yarosewick to recognize outstanding students who are pursuing a teaching career in elementary or early childhood education and are devoted to community service. Mary-Lou served as a fourth-grade classroom teacher in Downingtown, Pa. for 25 years and developed a deep respect for the department of Education at Keene State during her husband's tenure as president (1994-2005).
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Gen. Milley key to military continuity as Biden takes office
- Navalny plans to return to Russia after recovery in Germany
- Austria extends lockdown to Feb. 7, toughens some measures
- Uganda's opposition rejects Museveni's reelection as 'fraud'
- Russian cargo ship sinks in the Black Sea, rescue underway
- Indonesian teams find more bodies, clear roads after quake
- Violent youth protests hit Tunisia amid economic turmoil
- Germany: Buried barrel may be linked to far-left group
- Shiffrin takes clear lead in GS after 1st run, Bassino 2nd
- Official: Gunmen kill two women judges in Afghan capital
- Deaths, self-immolation draw scrutiny on China tech giants
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M