WINNER OF THE SUMMER READING PROGRAM -- Monroe Consolidated School kindergartner Lacey LaPete was the lucky winner of Principal Leah Holz's summer reading challenge. During the summer months, Holz challenged students to read as much as they could, sending her a postcard for each book they read. She received stacks of postcards throughout the summer. At Monroe's all-school community meeting, Holz drew LaPete's name as the winner. LaPete took over the school's office on Sept. 15, leading a community meeting, supervising lunch and circulating among classrooms.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Newport Prison Grappling With COVID Outbreak
- Grafton County:Shortage Of Inmate Labor Creates Challenge For County Farm
- Fairbanks Emerging From Winter Hiatus For Momentous Year
- Artists Tackle Pandemic Challenges
- Christine Billis Seeks To Have State Pay For Her Expert
- Court Documents: Money Led To Lafayette Street Shooting
- Judge Orders Alleged Shooter Held Without Bail
- N.H. Police Logs
- Customs And Border Protection Warns About New Phone Scam
- Guns, Drug & Cash Seized On Portland Street
- Friday’s H.S. Roundup: Vikings Pull Past Rangers; Falcons, Hilltoppers Snatch Victories
- Friday’s Top Performers (Feb. 26) And Saturday’s Schedule
- Friday’s Local Scores (Feb. 26)
- Girls Athlete Of The Week (Feb. 15-21): St. Johnsbury’s Lizzy Jones
- Boys Athlete Of The Week (Feb. 15-21): Littleton’s Parker Paradice
- Vermont Reveals 2021 Winter H.S. Championship Schedule
- North Country Falcons Presented Mona Garone Award
- Lyndon Rallies From 18 Down, Knocks Off NEC
- Thursday’s H.S. Roundup: Wilkins, Sharp-Shooting St. J Sink South Burlington
- Thursday’s Top Performers (Feb. 25) And Friday’s Schedule
- BEE Champs!
- Brighton Top Spellers
- Winona Smith Scholarship Opportunities Now Open
- Kay Hausman, CNM Joins NVRH Women’s Wellness Center
- Business Watch Column - Feb. 27, 2021
- Heart Space Yoga Owner Honored By Peers
- Record-Breaking Turnout For 11th Annual Eli Goss Memorial Ice Fishing Tournament
- Chamber Made: From Darkness To Light
- Littleton Co-op’s HFA Fund Benefits From January ‘Round Up’
- Survival Of The Fit: A Free Webinar On March 18