St. Johnsbury Academy senior MacKay Breton, of St. Johnsbury, has been named a Commended Student in the 65th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Over 1.5 million juniors in 20,000 high schools entered the 2020 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2018 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT). From that number, 34,000 students were named Commended Students. “Those being named Commended Students have demonstrated outstanding potential for academic success,” commented a spokesperson for the National Merit Program.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- 24 units of mixed-income housing leased ahead of schedule
- Two Farm To School Grant Programs Now Accepting Applications
- Francis George Quatrini - Obituary
- WHS PUMPKIN CONTEST
- Leon Ellsworth Hopkins Jr. - Obituary
- Doloras “Dee” Cardinal - Obituary
- Andre Nelson Jacques - Obituary
- ‘Pork Chop’ Arrested On 2016 Warrant
- Car Slides Off Barnet Road During Snowfall
- Parade, Ceremonies Mark St. Johnsbury’s Commemoration Of Veterans Day
- Lyndonville VFW Post 10038 Salutes Vets
- Tears, Praise And Calls To Service On Veterans Day In Newport City