STORIES ABOUT MT. WASHINGTON -- Eric Pinder, the author of "Cat in the Clouds," visited students at Lunenburg Elementary School on Feb. 13. Eric fascinated students with stories and movies about his years as a worker at the Observatory on Mt. Washington. Walking against winds of 100-plus miles per hour to prepare weather instruments was all part of a day's work, but there are plenty of benefits to working on a mountain "with the world's worst weather. Students giggled as they watched wind-skiing, soap bubbles freezing, and liquids "blowing" into the atmosphere. They were all fascinated with photos and stories of the cats at the mountain. The author visit and the books for each child were provided through funds from Children's Literacy Foundation (CLiF) Grant. Above, Eric signs a book for Ethan Labounty, a first grader.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Ex-Arizona official to head to prison for illegal adoptions
- Trump OKs prison release of Detroit's disgraced former mayor
- Charges: Water customer in arrears burned workers with acid
- Portugal sets records in one of world's worst virus surges
- Police looking for suspect who stole car from gas station
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- Lawyer says ex-royal staff will shed light on Meghan letter
- With passion and fashion, Lady Gaga delivers powerful anthem
- Affidavit: Girl reported 'voices' telling her to kill family
- 2 teens speak at their rapist's hearing; he gets 10-12 years
- Biden says duty of all Americans, especially elected leaders, is 'to defend the truth and defeat the lies'
- Biden's Bible puts him in line with inaugural tradition