AREA STUDENTS PARTICIPATE IN GLOBAL EDUCATION TRIP -- Recently, 13 Lyndon Institute students participated in a nine-day trip to the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico with Let's Get Going! Global Educational Travel. The students are shown here with their new Maya friends on the 10th annual visit to the New Light Maya School in Sisbecchen, Mexico. With Maya children as their teachers, the American students learned basic Maya phrases and pronunciation with Maya Bingo, as well as Maya numerology and math in a Maya Mathcounts. After a typical lunch of roasted chicken and handmade tortillas, all the students enjoyed homemade coconut ice cream, demolished a pinata filled with local treats, jumped rope with American jump rope songs and then played in a huge soccer game.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- H.S. Soccer: Hilltoppers Make Statement, Stave Off Wolves
- H.S. Soccer: Rangers Do It Again, Stun Raiders For Berth In Final 4
- 735 acres of ancestral land returned to Penobscot Nation
- Editorial: Another Good Week
- One Nation Under God - Claudette Kettinger
- Please Don’t Make a Second Mistake - David Gile
- Strap In Racing Column - Oct. 31, 2020
- Support Paul Lefebvre - Noreen L. Hession
- Vote for Morin - Anya Tynio
- Geoffrey Norman: Last Exit
- June Bingham - Obituary
- Systems remain down at health network after cyberattack