Spencer Owen, of Littleton, N.H., was one of the winners of Champlain College's 2015 Elevator Pitch competition. Owen competed in the Nonprofit/Social Advocates category. The contest, which is put on by Champlain College's BYOBiz Program, Career Services, the Center for Service & Civic Engagement, and the Office of Advancement, requires students to give a 90 second "pitch" to an executive (who is known as "the suit") as they ride together in a fictional elevator. Champlain is located in Burlington, Vt.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A subscription opens up access to all our online content, including: our interactive E-Edition, a full archive of modern stories, exclusive and expanded online offerings, photo galleries from Caledonian-Record journalists, video reports from our media partners, extensive international, national and regional reporting by the Associated Press, and a wide variety of feature content.
- Big Tech companies lead US stock indexes broadly lower
- New protests as Polish court seals divisive abortion ruling
- Census data for congressional seats still months away
- New Tennessee coach not deterred by NCAA investigation
- Census official says the numbers used for divvying up congressional seats won't be ready until the end of April
- Spain running short of vaccines due to delivery delays
- Brown resumes some in-person classes; hospitalizations down
- Smokin': Seth Rogen's first book, 'Yearbook,' is out May 11
- Biden's pick for UN post calls China `a strategic adversary'
- Fed leaves key rate near zero as economy weakens in the face of pandemic
- COVID-19 vaccinations beginning for Vermonters over 75
- US puts hold on foreign arms sales, including F-35s to UAE