BRIGHTON BEE RESULTS -- Brighton Elementary School held its seventh annual spelling bee on Feb. 18. Students in the first- through eighth-grade classrooms participated in the event. Eighth-grader Cooper Densmore became the school champ with the winning word, "knead." He will represent Brighton at the Vermont State Spelling Bee on March 19. Runner up is sixth-grader Adam Sykes. Fifth-grader Treytin Eibert came in third. Shown above is a "spellfie" that Cooper took after the bee. The image shows top spellers in front of bee officials.
- Amazon city scrambles to provide oxygen to COVID-19 patients
- Biden: We'll 'manage the hell' out of feds' COVID response
- New Hampshire mask mandate being extended
- NBA fines Irving $50,000 for health, safety violations
- States declare emergencies, close capitols ahead of rallies
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- Vermont to start vaccinating 75 and older week of Jan. 25
- Federal report says pandemic hit seafood industry hard
- Pfizer temporarily reduces European deliveries of vaccine
- 'This is not a game': Global virus death toll hits 2 million
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2M amid vaccine rollout
- US executes Virginia gang killer despite COVID-19 infection
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.