PETE'S POND -- Due to the inspiration of local artist/photographer Cathi Feeley, the seventh- and eighth-grade students at the Burke Town School have been involved in painting scenic views of the Northeast Kingdom using her photographs as a starting point. Feeley recently visited the school's art class and shared her expertise on what is involved in making a good photograph. The students then chose a photograph that inspired them and spent the following weeks working with acrylic paint on canvas panels. Above, is a painting by seventh-grade artist Garrett Rice, of Pete's Pond in East Burke.
- More economic relief for businesses; hockey outbreak at 35
- Maine unemployment dips to 6.1%; state passes 6,000 cases
- Roger Williams University investigates coronavirus cluster
- As fighting rages in Nagorno-Karabakh, coronavirus spreads
- Pope reverts to mask-less old ways at indoor audience
- Stampede kills 11 Afghans seeking visas to leave country
- Worsening opioid crisis overshadowed in presidential race
- Many thorny global situations hinge on US election outcome
- 'So much work to do': How Biden is planning for transition
- Pandemic widens learning gap in education-obsessed S. Korea
- Maine sets state record for absentee ballot use
- MBTA reduces next years forecasted fare revenue
- Wisconsin voters line up to cast early in-person ballots
- Vermont doc urges patience in face of 'pandemic fatigue'
- Melania Trump nixes campaign trip due to cough from COVID
- UK to infect healthy volunteers in vaccine research trial
- What are the treatment options for COVID-19?
- The Latest: Fishing crews arriving in New Zealand have virus
- 'Running Angry': Trump attacks Dr. Fauci, press and polls
- Argentina passes 1 million cases as virus hits Latin America
- Sununu, Feltes mischaracterize virus toll on nursing homes
- Kingdom East Sees Some Switches To Virtual Learning, And Back To In-Person
- First Night North Coming To A Screen Near You
- NY faces hot spots, rising infection in surrounding states
- Virus outbreak linked to hockey rink grows to 30 cases
- Report showing gains in bank access overshadowed by COVID
- High-risk municipalities deciding what to do about schools
- Pandemic air travel milestone; 1 million passengers screened
- Maine research institute joins COVID-19 data collaborative
- Glamorous Miami club caught in power struggle over the virus
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.