STUDENTS PARTICIPATE IN TOBACCO PREVENTION PROGRAM -- The sixth-grade students at Derby Elementary School recently participated in a Tobacco Prevention program provided by the Health Works ONE Coalition's Tobacco specialist Nancy Rae. The students engaged in a discussion of the potential health risks associated with the decision to use tobacco in its various forms. Secondhand smoke, tobacco advertising, and the expense associated with tobacco use were also discussed. A variety of visuals and models were shared to illustrate the various topics. To begin the discussion each student was asked to write down some of their personal goals for the future. To make the discussion relevant, at the end of the program they explored the possible impact tobacco use might have on the achievement of their goals. Above, sixth-graders, from left, Katherine Slicer, Matthew Moore, Ryan Young, Makayla Jensen, Delaney Progen, Celeste Tanguay, Tyler Brasseur, Lauren Thwaite and Justin DeRoehn were among those who participated in a Tobacco Prevention Program. For more information on this or similar Tobacco Prevention programs, contact Nancy Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: (802) 334-2725.
- Peru's Machu Picchu reopening Sunday after pandemic closure
- Biden faces challenges in quickly combating the pandemic
- Many voters relying on absentee ballots amid pandemic
- Virus pushes twin cities El Paso and Juarez to the brink
- Stocks end another wobbly day lower as virus cases rise
- Rise in coronavirus infections may impact winter sports plan
- Inn to become a year-round homeless shelter
- Push is on in Wisconsin to return 320K outstanding ballots
- A look at artists who've objected to Trump using their songs
- Voters in some states unable to cast early ballots in person
- New protests loom as Europeans tire of virus restrictions
- Thai students aim for ambitious political change
- Unemployed get $1,800 more; UM-Lowell announces spring plans
- COVID-19 cases grow in Maine, which had kept virus at bay
- Stop the music! Chorus of artists tell Trump to turn it down
- 'We're working on it:' Pope's COVID advisers and the mask
- Judge: US can't replace Trump in columnist's slander suit
- Coronavirus hangs over House race between Pappas, Mowers
- RI to start releasing mail-ballot results on election night
- The Latest: France ponders new restrictions as cases soar
- Can I celebrate Halloween during the pandemic?
- Biden goes on offense in Georgia while Trump targets Midwest
- Worst place, worst time: Trump faces virus spike in Midwest
- Issues important to Trump await Barrett on Supreme Court
- Barrett swearing-in differs markedly from 'superspreader'
- Burke, Lyndon Town Schools Go Remote Following COVID Case
- Secretary of State: Ballots Already Being Processed Across Vermont
- Fear and anxiety spike in virus hot spots across US
- NH warns of possible virus exposure at 3 establishments
- Health experts question Pence campaigning as essential work
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.