DELTA KAPPA GAMMA STUDENT AID AWARD RECIPIENT -- During the June meeting of Delta Kappa Gamma, Lorna Johnson, at left, and Mary Ann Hertz, at right, members of the Epsilon Chapter, presented the 2014 Student Aid Award to Elisabeth Surridge of West Burke. Elisabeth is a senior at Castleton State College, majoring in Elementary Education. She is employed by Little Critters Day Care in Castleton, Vt. She is also a member of Modern Woodmen of America and has logged over 5500 community service hours in her lifetime. Elisabeth is the daughter of Arnold and Tracie Surridge. Epsilon offers a $500 award to a college junior (or the equivalent) with good standing, who plans to graduate with a teaching degree. Candidates must be well-rounded applicants who have participated in extra-curricular activities in school and/or the community. An essay, transcripts and references must accompany the application. Deadline for submitting a completed packet for the 2015 award is April 1, 2015. Contact Judy Sherburne for an application at (802) 748-8663.
- More Trouble For Woman Convicted Of Assaulting Cop At Corn Maze
- School cook who wrote 'Let's Go Brandon' on menu fired
- Hunter-Harvested Deer Tested For COVID-19
- Local Man Files Federal Lawsuit Against State For Race, Gender Discrimination As A White Male
- Police Logs
- Firefighters Fulfill Rehab Resident’s Dying Wish
- Island Pond Man Charged With Felony After Fight At Party
- More To The School Cook Story: Alex McGregor
- Factory Worker’s Tackle Ends Multi-State Manhunt
- WATERFORD HOMICIDE: Federal Judge Denies Request To Suppress Cell Phone, Social Media Evidence
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.