HONORING VETERANS ON VETERAN'S DAY -- In honor of Veteran's Day, students from Jerri Potter's advisory at Lyndon Institute visited several veterans' organizations to meet with veterans and to deliver gifts of cheer and appreciation. They stopped by the VFW in Lyndonville and St. Johnsbury to present floral and balloon arrangements. Afterwards, the group traveled to the White River Junction VA Medical Center to visit with patients and present puzzles and magazines purchased from the proceeds of a recent fundraiser coordinated by the advisory. The students attended the Veteran's Day Memorial presentation that featured a key note address from Colonel Mark B. Pomeroy (U.S. Army retired), music by the Lyme Town Band, the laying of the memorial wreath at the Veteran's Brick Walkway, taps and Honor Guard salute. Participating are, from left, Brian Ntabana, Maia Fialco, Blaine Grieves, Peter Wang, Sierra Keon and Laura Pigne-Pareja.
- Amazon city scrambles to provide oxygen to COVID-19 patients
- Biden: We'll 'manage the hell' out of feds' COVID response
- New Hampshire mask mandate being extended
- NBA fines Irving $50,000 for health, safety violations
- States declare emergencies, close capitols ahead of rallies
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- Vermont to start vaccinating 75 and older week of Jan. 25
- Federal report says pandemic hit seafood industry hard
- Pfizer temporarily reduces European deliveries of vaccine
- 'This is not a game': Global virus death toll hits 2 million
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2M amid vaccine rollout
- US executes Virginia gang killer despite COVID-19 infection
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.