LYNDONVILLE ROTARY CLUB'S SPEECH CONTEST WINNER -- Lyndon Institute student Logan LaRose advanced to the next round of the Rotary District Speech Contest, during a competition held recently at Lyndonville Rotary Club's weekly meeting. Logan's speech focused on the Rotary's "Four Way Test." Fellow competitors were LI students Christina Cassidy and Chelsea Corrow. Each year Rotary District 7850 (Lyndonville Rotary Club one of the 42 clubs in this District) sponsors a Speech Contest. The contest starts at the club level and encourages local high school students to prepare and present a five-minute speech on a limited set of Rotary topics selected each year, such as "The Four Way Test," "Service Above Self" and the current year's Rotary International theme, "Light Up Rotary." Progressive competitions are held at the assistant governor's area and District levels to determine the final participants to compete in the spring at the finals. Winners at each level receive financial awards. Logan has the opportunity to advance to the next round, with a chance to win the $1,000 District grand prize, which will be awarded to the one of the finalists at the District 7850 Conference in Stowe in May.
- Thanksgiving travelers try to reach destinations, miss virus
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade takes flight in virus times
- RI allocates $100M for businesses closed during 2-week pause
- Empty seats, delivered feasts as virus changes Thanksgiving
- Schools struggle to stay open as quarantines sideline staff
- Supreme Court rules against NY coronavirus restrictions
- Biden seeks unity as Trump stokes fading embers of campaign
- US will appeal order barring expulsions of migrant children
- Country store, tavern fined for violating emergency orders
- AstraZeneca manufacturing error clouds vaccine study results
- Santa Fund, H.O.P.E., Faith In Action, Assisting NEK At Holidays
- School district: Some not complying with quarantine
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.