PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island's attorney general says it will be several more months before he's finished reviewing allegations of sexual abuse by Roman Catholic clergy in the state.
Democrat Peter Neronha said Friday he's continuing to review allegations of clergy sexual abuse to figure out what happened, what the response was and whether anyone can be held responsible.
Last week, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence released a list of 50 clerics, religious order priests and deacons it deems to have been credibly accused of sexually abusing children.
Neronha says he's looking at all allegations, not just those deemed credible by the church.
Neronha launched the review shortly after taking office this year.
He says he's committed to a thorough review and will be as transparent as he can about the conclusions.