GILLETTE, Wyo. (AP) — Officials say a firework rocket that was launched during a show for the Pyrotechnics Guild International convention landed in a Wyoming home and sparked a small fire.

The Gillette News Record reports the rocket broke through the roof of the Gillette home about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from the event center where the fireworks display was taking place Sunday.

The Campbell County Fire Department says the flames were extinguished before firefighters got to the house. No one was injured.

Guild spokesman Tom Sklebar says the organization will pay for the damages.

He says a rocket "took an errant trajectory" after it was launched and hit the house.

The fireworks convention started Aug. 10 and runs through Friday. It features fireworks shows on four nights.

———

Information from: The Gillette (Wyo.) News Record, http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
0
0

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.