BRIGHTON BEE RESULTS -- Brighton Elementary School held its seventh annual spelling bee on Feb. 18. Students in the first- through eighth-grade classrooms participated in the event. Eighth-grader Cooper Densmore became the school champ with the winning word, "knead." He will represent Brighton at the Vermont State Spelling Bee on March 19. Runner up is sixth-grader Adam Sykes. Fifth-grader Treytin Eibert came in third. Shown above is a "spellfie" that Cooper took after the bee. The image shows top spellers in front of bee officials.
- Man allegedly hid 3 months at Chicago airport due to virus
- MA's 1st virus variant case; New test to NH governor's power
- Harris prepares for central role in Biden's White House
- Vaccine mix-up leads some teachers to sign up early
- School choice lawsuit surge pushes possible high court fight
- Military nurses, tests coming to help hard-hit Arizona city
- WHO chief lambasts vaccine profits, demands elderly go first
- China economy grows in 2020 as rebound from virus gains
- Israel trades Pfizer doses for medical data in vaccine blitz
- 72 tennis players in lockdown after virus cases on flights
- Heavily fortified statehouses around US see small protests
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.