DELTA KAPPA GAMMA STUDENT AID AWARD RECIPIENT -- During the June meeting of Delta Kappa Gamma, Lorna Johnson, at left, and Mary Ann Hertz, at right, members of the Epsilon Chapter, presented the 2014 Student Aid Award to Elisabeth Surridge of West Burke. Elisabeth is a senior at Castleton State College, majoring in Elementary Education. She is employed by Little Critters Day Care in Castleton, Vt. She is also a member of Modern Woodmen of America and has logged over 5500 community service hours in her lifetime. Elisabeth is the daughter of Arnold and Tracie Surridge. Epsilon offers a $500 award to a college junior (or the equivalent) with good standing, who plans to graduate with a teaching degree. Candidates must be well-rounded applicants who have participated in extra-curricular activities in school and/or the community. An essay, transcripts and references must accompany the application. Deadline for submitting a completed packet for the 2015 award is April 1, 2015. Contact Judy Sherburne for an application at (802) 748-8663.
- NH Food Bank to host 19 drive-through pantries in December
- Los Angeles issues stay-home order as coronavirus surges
- Virus hospitalizations top 1,000 again in Connecticut
- Experts: Virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving
- US colleges mull new virus protocols for students' return
- Vermont governor: Keep students home after big gatherings
- Many turn to real Christmas trees as bright spot amid virus
- Pandemic pushes Peru's vital peasant farmers to the brink
- Audubon: Images of 'racism, white supremacy' on trail signs
- Shuttered mall could be used as a site for jury trials
- Maine GOP leader: Talk to those opposed to virus rules
- New cardinals quarantine in pope's hotel ahead of ceremony
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.