CELEBRATING LITERACY -- Over 40 parents, students and mentors enjoyed an atmosphere that exemplifies Everybody Wins! on March 20 at the Fairbanks Museum. Those attending participated in a planetarium show with Bobby Falice-Rubio, bringing the spring sky to life through stories of Greek mythology. Attendees also had fun with books, words and ideas, and were treated to pizza and ice cream. Above, Mark Bowen and Wendy Stein partake of their slices of pizza. Anyone interested in joining the program as a reading mentor, contact Pat Lawlor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 745-2769, ext. 2072.
- Amazon city scrambles to provide oxygen to COVID-19 patients
- Biden: We'll 'manage the hell' out of feds' COVID response
- New Hampshire mask mandate being extended
- NBA fines Irving $50,000 for health, safety violations
- States declare emergencies, close capitols ahead of rallies
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- Vermont to start vaccinating 75 and older week of Jan. 25
- Federal report says pandemic hit seafood industry hard
- Pfizer temporarily reduces European deliveries of vaccine
- 'This is not a game': Global virus death toll hits 2 million
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2M amid vaccine rollout
- US executes Virginia gang killer despite COVID-19 infection
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.