HIKING AT LONESOME LAKE -- Gilman Middle School students hiked around Lonesome Lake in Franconia, N.H. on Sept. 20. The trip was planned by the coordinator of the grant funds from the Children's Literacy Foundation (CLiF), Kat Colby, as a kick-off event for this third and final year of the grant. The school-wide theme is "Journeys," which is being looked at in a variety of ways from personal journeys to cultural changes to the maturity of animals, as well as human stages of development. Students enjoyed their day and agreed that it was a perfect day for a trek.
- Health experts blame rapid expansion for vaccine shortages
- 5 killed in blaze at Indian producer of COVID-19 vaccine
- Biden's US revives support for WHO, reversing Trump retreat
- Connecticut governor says state needs more vaccine from feds
- EU leaders agree to keep borders open, want to limit travels
- Biden signs burst of virus orders, vows 'Help is on the way'
- 3 state officials, in addition to governor, test negative
- Couple indicted for pandemic unemployment benefits fraud
- New Hampshire prepares for vaccine registration crush
- Biden inherits damaged economy, with signs of hope emerging
- At walk-in vaccine site, long lines end with peace of mind
- US jobless claims decline to a still-high 900,000
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.