PENNIES FOR PATIENTS -- Glover Community School students in grades K-8 participated in a four-week fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. LLS exists to find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. Students learned about blood cancer in children and how the money raised helps with research, patients, their families, etc. Students competed in a challenge to raise money by bringing in spare change and counted their classroom's money at the end of each week. Many students raided their own piggy banks and generously gave money they had been saving from birthdays and holidays. The fourth-grade students, shown above, won the classroom challenge, as they had raised a total of $257.33. They were treated to an ice cream sundae party for their hard work. The entire school raised a grand total of $836.09. The fundraiser was supported by family members and the community.
- Peacham Man Accused Of Assaulting And Threatening To Kill 63-Year-Old Woman
- Town, Police Thank Good Samaritan
- Waterford Man Faces Lesser Charge In Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- Rocky Ridge Property Dispute Leads To Criminal Charge
- Lyndon Man Jailed Over The Weekend After Domestic Assault Allegation
- Primary Wins And Losses: Some Success For Local Candidates Seeking Statewide Office
- Blake Jenkins To Serve Federal Prison Sentence Close To Home
- Truck driver acquitted in deaths of 7 motorcyclists in 2019
- Four Escape Injury In Greensboro Bend Fire
- Mass. Man Busted With 3,670 Bags Of Fentanyl-laced Heroin In Lyndon Sentenced
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.