Katelyn Purrington, of Colebrook, N.H., was given the Yarosewick Family Education Award at Keene State College's Spring Honors Convocation on May 9. This award was created by Mary-Lou S. Yarosewick to recognize outstanding students who are pursuing a teaching career in elementary or early childhood education and are devoted to community service. Mary-Lou served as a fourth-grade classroom teacher in Downingtown, Pa. for 25 years and developed a deep respect for the department of Education at Keene State during her husband's tenure as president (1994-2005).
- NH Food Bank to host 19 drive-through pantries in December
- Los Angeles issues stay-home order as coronavirus surges
- Virus hospitalizations top 1,000 again in Connecticut
- Experts: Virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving
- US colleges mull new virus protocols for students' return
- Vermont governor: Keep students home after big gatherings
- Many turn to real Christmas trees as bright spot amid virus
- Pandemic pushes Peru's vital peasant farmers to the brink
- Audubon: Images of 'racism, white supremacy' on trail signs
- Shuttered mall could be used as a site for jury trials
- Maine GOP leader: Talk to those opposed to virus rules
- New cardinals quarantine in pope's hotel ahead of ceremony
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.