KIRBY KIDS CAN SPELL! -- Lucinda Storz and Lindsey Wood, both of Kirby, represented their respective schools recently at the Vermont State Spelling Bee at St. Michael's College in Colchester. Fourth-grader Lucinda, at left, attends the Thaddeus Stevens School, while eighth-grader Lindsey attends Waterford School. The Kirby girls performed with poise and confidence, correctly spelling words such as gulag, discern, lithe and Mariachi, and they each landed within the top 15 in the state. The bee winner, Ronan Howlett of Middlebury Union Middle School, will represent Vermont in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in June.
- NH Food Bank to host 19 drive-through pantries in December
- Los Angeles issues stay-home order as coronavirus surges
- Virus hospitalizations top 1,000 again in Connecticut
- Experts: Virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving
- Health Department Warns Of Possible Outbreak At Irasburg Church
- US colleges mull new virus protocols for students' return
- Vermont governor: Keep students home after big gatherings
- Many turn to real Christmas trees as bright spot amid virus
- Pandemic pushes Peru's vital peasant farmers to the brink
- Audubon: Images of 'racism, white supremacy' on trail signs
- Shuttered mall could be used as a site for jury trials
- Maine GOP leader: Talk to those opposed to virus rules
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.