Kregg MacPherson, of Monroe, N.H., and a member of the Class of 2015 and a Vessel Operations and Technology major at Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine, was awarded a Henry A. Scheel Scholarship during the Academy's annual Celebration of Achievement on Nov. 6. The late Henry A. Scheel, of Rockport, Maine, was one of America's most respected naval architects and yacht designers. During his long and distinguished career, Scheel produced more than 250 complete designs which have been utilized by builders of sailboats and other craft in the U.S. and Europe. To express his high regard for Maine Maritime Academy, Scheel left funds in 1994 to permanently endow scholarships for students in the three upper classes who best exemplify intellectual curiosity and achievement.
- Connecticut Man Charged With Drug World Kidnapping And Attempted Murder In Barnet
- St. Johnsbury Restaurant Robbed In Broad Daylight
- Stannard Brothers Arrested After Friday Raid On ‘Heroin Highway’
- Danville Man Accused Of Trying To Pull Another Man’s Eyeballs ‘Out Of His Head’ At Cumberland Farms
- The Caledonian-Record Athletes Of The Week: Ballots For Sept. 6-12
- Lyndonville Police Seeking Suspected Drugstore Thief
- Struggle With Staffing Challenges Too Much To Overcome; Local Restaurant To Close
- $25,000 Arrest Warrant Issued For Third Suspect In Beating Of Barnet Man
- Woman Enters Guilty Plea In Decapitated Lover Case
- Fatal Motorcycle Crash Kills North Country Man
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.