Maya Sayarath, of St. Johnsbury, a student-athlete at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Mass., received the following awards on May 5, Mount Holyoke's awards day: she was one of three first-year students recognized by the Science Department and was awarded the Albert Walter Award for Excellence in Chemistry; she was also awarded the Cramer Players Award by the athletic department for her overall contribution to the tennis team and outstanding leadership, sense of fair play, dependability, support of teammates and unflagging enthusiasm for the sport of tennis. Sayarath is a 2010 graduate of St. Johnsbury Academy. She finished her first year at MHC with a 3.8 cumulative grade point average and is majoring in chemistry.
- New Hampshire lawmakers to bundle up for outdoor session
- Powell says pace of economic improvement has moderated
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife releases "Vermont Outdoors" app
- Americans face new COVID-19 restrictions after Thanksgiving
- Connecticut gives $9M to arts groups to help during outbreak
- Supreme Court seems skeptical of Trump's census plan
- Some schools go remote, others ask for voluntary quarantines
- Holiday air travel surges despite dire health warnings
- National Guard sets up field hospital at Worcester facility
- SBA asks Mainers to shop small in 2020 due to pandemic
- Rhode Island's two-week pause goes into effect Monday
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.