NEWBURY ELEMENTARY HONORS VETERANS -- Students and staff at Newbury Elementary School used their weekly all-school meeting to honor veterans from their families. Each person and staff member brought in a picture and the name of a family member who is or has served in the armed forces. Each class took turns standing in the center of a circle and saying the veteran's name out loud while holding up the veteran's picture. The rest of the school honored them by being respectful, quiet listeners. The celebration was introduced by MaryLou Boyce, in photo above, a long time staff member, who discussed the history of Veterans Day and also showed a poster honoring all the veterans in her family. Assisting her is first grader Aiden Hervey. Below, fifth graders honor veterans in their families. The ceremony ended by listening to "The Ballad of a Green Beret."
- Restaurant fined $1,500 over no social distancing, masks
- Massachusetts alleges gym chain illegally charged fees
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won't end the US crisis right away
- Restaurants workers out of work again as virus surges anew
- Nursing home residents urged to stay put during holiday
- Nursing home group wants more coronavirus testing
- Can you repeat that? Hearing trouble more obvious with masks
- Dow crests 30,000 points on vaccine hopes, Biden transition
- MBTA launches free mask program to Boston-area commuters
- Thanksgiving could make or break US coronavirus response
- Spain’s mortuary workers endure the daily march of death
- Maine company contracted to produce million of testing swabs
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.