The International Union for Conservation of Nature declared 15 species extinct in 2020. Stacker asks: what were they, and what drove them to extinction?
Species that went extinct in 2020
Splendid poison frog
Jalpa false brook salamander
Simeulue Hill myna
Lake Lanao freshwater fish
Chiriqui harlequin frog
Spined dwarf mantis
Bonin pipistrelle bat
Lord Howe long-eared bat
- NY officials removed fuller tally of nursing home deaths
- Americans vaccinated against COVID-19 still wait for advice
- One year after Vermont's 1st virus case, governor optimistic
- AP-NORC poll: Americans largely back Biden's virus response
- $25M recommended for coronavirus relief reserve fund
- Reporter faces trial in case seen as attack on press rights
- Field hospital, with few patients, could close within weeks
- Despite high infection rate, Providence vaccination rate low
- California to give 40% of vaccine to Latino, high-risk areas
- The Latest: San Diego zoo vaccinates 9 great apes for virus
- Teacher vaccinations start next week in New Hampshire
- Vermont prison outbreak grows to 128 inmates, 10 staff
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.